Keeping quality, playability and affordability at the forefront of it’s design brief, Fender have produced a great range of instruments in their Mexican made Standard series. The shapes, lines and sounds are ineffably classic and the quality is outstanding for any instrument in this price range. They truly are the ‘Standard’ to beat.
Fender’s Jazz bass is one of the most popular bass designs in the world. In production since 1960, not much has changed since then: as with Fender’s heritage models, they seemed to get things right first time round!
A slim and playable maple neck allows the player creative freedom and maximum expression was they construct their basslines. Two single coil pickups with a dedicated control knob to blend the outputs gives up a host of tonal options from smooth to snappy.
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Shape: Modern “C” Shape
- Number of Frets: Fretless
- Fret Size: Fretless
- Position Inlays: Dot Inlays, White Fretline Markers
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5″ (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Rosewood Fingerboard: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed Fingerboard
- Nut Width: 1.5″ (38.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 34″ (86.36 cm)
- Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16″ Hex Adjustment
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Standard Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Standard Vintage 4 Saddle Bass
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone