Released to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the first American appearance of the Jimi Hendrix Experience at the Monterey Pop Festival on 18th June 1967.
“The new Monterey Strat celebrates a thrilling moment in pop-culture history, as Hendrix not only painted it himself, but burned it onstage in one of rock’s most infamous and enduring performance acts.”
Jimi Hendrix’s Monterey Strat features a classic alder body to produce an incredibly resonant and balanced tone, with plenty of clarity for notes to sing. The body’s comfortable contours provides a smooth performance while the lightness of the tonewood ensures players don’t strain their shoulders during long performances. The alder provides a decent amount of sustain, creating bright, sizzling highs, excellently rounded lows, and beefy mids. Fender have used alder as their tonewood of choice since the 1950s, as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition makes it perfect for rock and blues playing.
Fender have recreated the Monterey Strat with powerful features to deliver a truly vintage tone and feel – featuring a set of vintage-style single-coil strat pickups to reproduce Jimi’s incredibly iconic sound.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21 Vintage
- Position Inlays: Aged White Dot (Pau Ferro)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: Printed Monterey Artwork
- Pickups: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat (Bridge/Middle/Neck)
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag